Logistics: strategic and tactical sourcing, superintendent duties, project management, supply chain management
- Provide management, direction, administration, clerical support, documentation, quality assurance, and leadership during the execution of contracts.
- Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators, particularly ramp up and draw down of camp populations and the necessary reactions to mitigate costs and scaling up delivery of services immediately
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel, and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Oversight of necessary permits, local community relationships, as necessary
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise
Operations: Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of temporary facilities, including basecamp operations, influx care facilities, emergency/rapid deployment lodging logistics, and adjacent products in support of border security CONUS, IDP housing, and other facilities as needed.
- Sustainment of temporary support facilities with responsibilities that include quality management, including supervisory responsibilities over all Facility Managers (Basecamp Directors, etc.)
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e., developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Implement policies and procedures
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to ensure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met.
- Interface with Government management personnel, formulate and enforce work standards, create personnel and project schedules, review work discrepancies, and communicate Government policies, purposes, and goals to the contractor team.
- Lead meetings internally and with the integrated product teams.
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e., earned value management system).
- Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtain management approval prior to making decisions that will cause slippage of established program, cost and schedule objectives.
- Manage inventory effectively, including FF&E and supplies
- Protect hard and soft assets effectively, including fire remediation programs, adverse weather business continuity plans, cyber security on site, physical security on site, and insurance.
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Provide leadership to program team. Ensure communication and cooperation among team members and resolve areas of conflict
- Ensure a timely closeout of completed programs and that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
Business Development: proposal efforts for the development and participation in strategic planning as well as other internal company management activities.
- Manage internal research and development projects (due diligence on potential new site locations and existing property retrofits).
- Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Ensure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, ensure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to.
- Provide interface, communication, and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities.
- Actively seek new business opportunities
- Represent Company and/or business unit management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.